This course is designed for the paramedic student and the working paramedic and first responders to gain knowledge in ballistic medicine.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Safety around fire arms
- The different types of ammunition
- Gunshot wounds (GSW)
- Blast injuries
- Treatment of those blast injuries and GSW
- Use of quick clot
- Use of a CAT (combat action tourniquet)
- Demonstration in gun shots to Kevlar vests
- Opportunity to shoot handguns and rifles
There are no upcoming events at this time.